Sunday, August 18, 2013

4-5 Sentence Reflection

             In this crash course on English Literature I liked his emphasis on how books and writing let you communicate with people across the world or even after you're death. It was very enlightening on the fact that the author doesn't matter nearly as mush as what is inside of the book. I also found it very interesting that reading is an act of empathy, you are empathizing with whichever characters you're reading about. A few points that I found interesting was when he talked in other languages and erected a language barrier between himself and most people watching it because I never realized how hard it is to try to still follow what is happening when another language is introduced suddenly. I found this video to be quite entertaining and enlightening to me.

1 comment:

  1. Taylor, good use of SAT words like "empathy". You have some good points here - like, "reading is an act of empathy", "language (causes) barrier(s)" between people, "the author doesn't matter". Keep this level of writing up.

    ReplyDelete